Drop-in dinghy club
Every Tuesday, 6 to 9 p.m.
Come out and try your hand at recreational dinghy sailing. If sailors are interested, we'll also drop the marks for a bit of a race. Bring your own boat or use one of our Lasers. This is NOT an instructed class. Depending on conditions, previous sailing experience may be required.
BYOB (bring your own boat)
$15 for the evening, please bring cash.
$20 per person. Please bring cash.
Sign up starts at 6 p.m. first-come, first serve. No reservations available.
Society boat use will be dependent on weather conditions and sailor experience.
Please bring your own PFD/lifejacket.
All participants must wear a PFD and sign a waiver. Those under 18 must have a parent sign the waiver.
- Bring correct cash so we can avoid making change
- Only 1 person per boat or 2 from same household
- Hand sanitizer is available, please use it
- Bring your own PFD if possible
Learn to Race
Wednesday nights, August 11 to 25, 6 to 9 p.m.
Are you interested in improving your racing skills? We'll be hosting 3 racing clinics. Instruction will be provided on key concepts, drills, and some fun races.
No previous racing experience is required. But we do ask that you've some previous sailing experience. We'll work to meet you where you are with your sailing skills. Some main topics to cover are:
- Tacking and Jibing; how to roll tack to maintain speed, when to tack or jibe.
- Understanding wind shifts.
- Mark roundings; how to make a clean fast mark rounding. How to use your weight to steer the boat.
- Start line; how to get your best start. putting it all together.
We have 4 boats and will be rotating in and out of boats with instruction still happening from the coach boat.
The cost will be $100 for all three sessions.
There is a maximum of 5 people, so register early - first come first serve.
Once you've registered we'll confirm that you have a space in the program. If not, you'll be added to the waitlist.
If you do get a spot you will have to e-transfer firstname.lastname@example.org $100 by August 8th or your spot will be given to the first person on the waitlist.
Email email@example.com with any questions you may have.